This workshop is designed for women willing to become leaders in a male dominated environment.
- You will develop a greater understanding of what unconscious gender bias is, how women (and men) can be negatively impacted, and what we can do to build successful careers despite it.
- You will learn the differences in the female and male communication styles and behaviors. You will discover new ways to deal successfully with conflictual gender situations.
- You will feel more confident in your role as a female leader.
- We work in a group of trustful female participants where everyone has the chance to share their experiences.
- You have the chance to address any issues you see in your path forward and get valuable insights from a closed trustful group of women in similar career paths.
- You will be able to develop your own individual strategy in order to be more confident and motivated for your next career opportunities.
Target group: Women in managerial / leadership positions, project / program managers, women who want to take leadership responsibility in the future.
What’s in for you?
Have you taken on a professional or leadership role or are you close to it? Do you want to evolve in order to achieve optimal goals and increase your success? As a female leader in a male dominated environment, you have to overcome specific challenges. At the heart of this seminar is the woman, the challenges she is facing as a leader and her paths to success. This interactive workshop focuses on best practices for women looking to drive their career, with special emphasis on the challenges typically faced in male-dominated environments. This seminar is designed to help women gain confidence, practice self-care, and support each other’s personal or professional success.
The 1,5-day online seminar is a balanced mix of trainer inputs from scientific studies, individual and group work, self-experience and reflection exercises, feedback and trainer tips from many years of leadership experience.
Part 1: The roots of gender inequality
- Why are men more successful in their career than women?
- Do women lead differently than men?
- Identifying inner barriers and defining personal resources for success.
Part 2: Neuroscience: How do stereotypes and prejudice work?
- Getting aware of how much the unconscious biases influence the personal and professional life of women.
- Understanding the dilemma of women in male environments as a complex challenge.
Part 3: Gender communication: The arts of having good conversations
- Understanding the horizontal and vertical language systems.
- What happens under conflict?
- Getting familiar with the gender communication and behavioral styles.
- Recognizing, analyzing and handling successfully power games at the workplace.
Part 4: My individual strategy
- How to break through the glass ceiling?
- Each participant will define her own strategy including individual steps she can take in order to be more successful and stay motivated in her career.
#gender, #diversitymatters, #equality, #leadership, #career